Sam Evans is a former nurse and co-founded the online sex toy company, Jo Divine, with her husband Paul, in 2007.
I invited Sam to join me in an Intimate Conversation because I love her passion and enthusiasm, and her inclusive approach, to helping people enjoy a healthy and fulfilling sex life.
As Sam says, “You don’t have to give up on your sex life if there’s a problem or you want to make it better – whatever your age.”
Listen in as we talk about:
* Sam’s personal experiences that led her to setting up Jo Divine and championing only skin safe products and irritant free lubricants.
* Why sex can be the first thing to go in illness and disability and other times in life that halt your sex life (such as childbirth, menopause), and the need for good resources and open conversations about sex and illness, disability, ageing, bereavement, and more.
* The importance of adult sex education, knowing what works for you, what you find desirable, and what helps you become aroused and enjoy sex (whether partnered or solo).
* How to choose (and enjoy using) a sex toy and the special 10% off discount code for viewers of this video.
* The joy of hearing a customer celebrating with the words “we haven’t got out of bed all weekend!”
As Sam says: “Sex is meant to be noisy, messy, embarrassing, consensual, pleasurable, and – most of all – fun!”
Special discount: get 10% off at Jo Divine
Use code PLEASURE2021 at checkout.
Minimum spend £15 (not including p+p). Valid from 8 October 2021 to 8 November 2021.
As the sexual health and pleasure expert at Jo Divine, Sam writes practical articles about enjoying sexual intimacy and pleasure for their blog and the media, gives talks to healthcare professionals and at events, and has featured on radio and TV, most recently on Channel 4 Sex, Myths and the Menopause with Davina McCall. In addition to giving advice about choosing and using skin safe sex toys and irritant free lubricants, she also helps those who experience sexual health issues including vaginal dryness and atrophy, painful sex, vaginal tightness, recurrent bladder issues, post op scarring, post hysterectomy, post childbirth, post cancer treatment, decreased sexual sensation, erectile issues and low libido.
Connect with Sam on Instagram